CLEP® Biology Review
How the course works...
After signing up for the course through Bliss Projects, Inc., you will need to purchase your course materials. The required item for this course is an access code for CourseCompass, for Biology, 7/e by Neil A. Campbell and Jane B. Reece.
Once you have your access code, you will sign in to the www.coursecompass.com website. There, you will have access to the CLEP® Exam Review Online: Biology course.
You may sign in to the course anytime and work at your own pace. However, in order to make significant progress in completing the review of all topics, you should plan to spend ~10-15 hours/week studying the materials. You may work at a slower or faster pace - it's completely up to you!
What is included in the course materials...
- An electronic college level textbook (optional): Biology, 7/e by Neil A. Campbell and Jane B. Reece. You may wish to purchase the book (see options below) or borrow a reference copy and use this course as a refresher.
- Video tutorials and animations to bring Biology to life!
- GraphIt exercises which allow you to manipulate real-world data
- Lab bench simulations which model 12 lab experiments
- Self-assessments, practice exams and exams which provide instant feedback
- A personalized study plan which indicates areas of content mastery and those in need of further study
- Online gradebook so that you can keep track of your progress
- Basics of biology: Origin of life, evolution and tools of Biology
- Chemistry of life: Basics of chemistry, properties of water, carbon and molecular diversity of life, carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, nucleic acids
- Cells: Cell structure and function, prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, photosynthesis and respiration, cell communication and cell cycle
- Genetics: Meiosis, chromosomal basis for inheritance, molecular basis for inheritance, DNA replication, from gene to protein, organization and regulation, transformation, evolution, genetics of viruses and bacteria
- Plant form and function: Structure, growth and development, transport, nutrition, angiosperm reproduction
- Animal form and function: Structure, growth and development, transport, nutrition, circulation and gas exchange, immune system, osmoregulation and excretion, endocrine system, reproduction, animal development, nervous system, sensory and motor mechanisms
- Ecology: Bioshpere, behavioral ecology, population ecology, community ecology, ecosystems, conservation biology and restoration ecology
- Evolutionary history: Tree of life, prokaryotes, protests, plant diversity, fungi, animal diversity (invertebrates, vertebrates and other chordates)
The College Board sets the curriculum for the CLEP Biology Exam. Please visit the College Board's website to view the most up-to-date curriculum for the CLEP® Biology Exam.
Access code for CourseCompass to accompany Biology, 7/e by Neil A. Campbell and Jane B. Reece. **Note: This does not include an e-book, unless you choose that option in ordering. We recommend that you have a college level textbook, such as Biology, 7/e by Neil A. Campbell and Jane B. Reece at your disposal in order to learn these concepts.
This course costs less than a typical college course, but more than a review book. This is because with this course (and purchase of course materials) you have access to a college level textbook, tutorials, videos, interactive homework and assessments and learning resources.